Sunday, March 15, 2009

HI HO YEP ITS THE HILL AGAIN !

Camelbacks on, walking sticks in hand and Rich and I are ready to get Greg and Annette up the hill faster than before with the added bonus of a longer walk this time. Don't you just love it?!
Ready, set, go! Stopwatch ticking and a 30 minute target for Greg (took 40 last time) I quietly thought he would make it in less but didn't say anything (I found out later Greg was thinking the same thing). Well mate first 5 minutes, heart rates spike pretty bloody quickly and I am thinking Greg is gonna try and break me - bring it on! Not much chatter from either of us. There's a nice little bit of flat stuff roughly half way up the climb and Greg is motivating himself by thinking at least there he can get his breath back he never said this out loud until we got there and I say "ok Greg time to jog" - PRICELESS!!!
Once again Greg goes for it and even keeps going up the start of the next rise until it just gets too tough and its back to walking. If I ever let Greg get in front for any reason he was gonna try and make it hard for me to get back in front - nice try mate, a bit of competition never hurt anyone and in this instance Greg makes it to the top in 27 minutes and 30 seconds - fantastic work Greg.
A quick breather on the favourite log and a few choice words to some fellow walkers and off we go again, at a more pleasurable pace. Across a little creek and at roughly 1 1/2 hours it's time to turn around and head back for brekkie and a well earned coffee. We catch up with Rich and Annette congratulations all round and down we go.
It was really great to see Greg and Annette giving encouragement to other walkers heading up, comments like "a long way to go yet", "it gets worse" etc etc. and some sucky ones "you're doing well", "good work" you know just the sort of stuff they get from their wonderful trainers all the time!
Thanks once again both of you for a top effort, thanks Foxy for your insight it was nice chatting with you and thank you Richard for your support. Oh and thanks for brekkie Greg.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the coffee and scroll to start with and thanks for driving.I think they both(G&A) enjoyed the walk today. It was a great feeling when Annette reached the log 15 minutes faster than last time. I wasnt sure if I was pushing her hard enough. At one stage I thought she was going to smash me with the pole but I kept far enough away. It was great to get back out there and cant wait to start the training again. See you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how well Greg and Annette are doing! This is unbelievable. Congratulations to body4u and to the New Year, New You winners - because this is a life changing experience and an inspiration to everyone.

    ReplyDelete