Sunday, March 22, 2009

A leisurely Sunday stroll

A shaky start with the roller door breaking at home, so a quick swap to Darrens car and off I go. "BEEP BEEP" goes my phone and a nice welcoming text from Greg - smart arse! "BEEP BEEP" gee he's quick with those texting fingers hopefully his legs will be just a quick heehee.
I arrive at body4u to find Annette, Greg and Amanda waiting for me.
Annette is still wondering where on earth we are going and soon realises its the hill over off Sleath Street, I know she has not wanted to miss out on this since we started the challenge! A couple of sprints up the hill and we continue on, finally revealing our destination of Manly. The joy on the faces of G and A was priceless. The smiles on mine and Amandas faces was just as good.
Into the sequence of BEEP on the watch and we walk for 2 minutes and BEEP BEEP and we run for 1 minute. Greg takes a little while to get the pace up during our little jogs (even though he reckons he was sprinting). We keep in touch with Annette and Amanda via phone and with a bit of diverting courses we meet up at Railway Parade, a quick hello then BEEP BEEP and we have to jog again. We're now a good couple of hours into our leisurely sunday stroll, Gregs calf is playing up a bit so a little stretch and a voltarin (I am such a thoughtful trainer) and we hardly miss a beat (or should I say BEEP) ha.
Greg must be getting a bit delirious because I get a BEEP BEEP on my mobile phone and Greg starts running, its ok mate its not the watch it's a message you can still walk, for another 30 seconds anyway.
Manly is in sight, suns getting a bit of bite to it and on we run. Finally we get to the park area, a toilet break is in order and I have a bit of a giggle as Greg has some trouble with a little wall we have to climb over, his legs are not co-operating! We keep going just a little bit more until I give him the ok to turn around and head back to meet the 2 A's on their way into Manly, some sideline cheering from Jeff, Bree and Georgia (Amandas hubbie, daughter and friend) and we finally meet the girls. Greg and Amanda decide to have a little race up the road - no competition there - and Annette and I finish it off. Annette is a bit emotional as she asks if I am really going to make them walk back to body4u. I wish I could have said yes but the look of desperation on poor exhausted Annettes face was too much. Relief washes over her as she realises its over. A quick photo and off to the coffee shop to eat and drink. Darren and the kids arrive to join us and between him and Jeff get us all back. Thanks guys! Thanks Amanda! Well done Annette and Greg!

Keep posted for the final weekend adventure next week, should be fun and a little bit different, a bit more mentally challenging possibly for a few people.

P.S. Ssshhh don't tell anyone it's just between you and me, but "oh my gosh the old Greggie boy looked by far the most shattered I have ever seen him!" Hope you have recovered mate and the legs, knees, calf etc are not too sore. Oh yeah and one more thing .............

Suck it up princess!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they enjoyed the walk maybe too much.It might have been a little easy!! Hope you have something tough for them next week he he he.

    ReplyDelete